Today is Part II of the Make Up Tutorial Special ” Red Carpet ” which Make Up For Ever organised for beauty bloggers in Milan the other month… and I am delighted to share with you this time the behind-the-scene of the preparation of my own make up for the event!
Make Up For Ever’s team created an amazingly pretty make up for me. I had this dark, retro lips with shining golden eyes. The Fekkai hairstylist complemented it by created a sort of wavy chignon.. very cute. Champagne helping, I totally felt like Daisy Buchanan!
Check it out!
PS: I will be going to Cannes this weekend to shoot my favourite Riviera street style looks over there. So make sure to follow up the blog!
On the face, we created a perfect base, using Make Up For Ever HD Primer, HD Foundation and HD loose powder. For the blush, they used the HD Blush, a cream blush with an incredible texture and micro finish look. I loved the feeling of wearing it!
The make up artist especially insisted on having a perfect base for the make up of the eyes. We used.
The make up in itself was created using essentially 5 products:
- the wonderful Metal Powder, a loose powder for the eyes with an incredible brilliant metallic finish.
- Aqua Cream, an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream. An other incredible product. We took it in Anthracite, to complement the golden hue of the Metal Powder.
- A black kohl pencil. I learnt that Make Up For Ever’s one is specially formulated for sensitive skin around and in the eyes so is to be recommended for sensitive eyes.
- Make Up For Ever’s lipstick Rouge Artist Intense, in the wonderful Pearly Plum shade.
- Tons of black mascara of course.
We applied the kohl around the eyes, all the way on the upper part but only in the external part of the lower part. We then applied the Aqua Cream all around the kohl and blurred it softly with the kohl, insisting on the external part of the eyes. To finish, we applied the Metal Powder over the eyelid and, detail that I adored: on the lower part of the eye too (where you would have normally put the kohl). This opens up the eyes and creates this special shinny star effect!
And tada.. here is the result. A really beautiful, golden, dark lips make up.
Oh.. I forgot to mention that the hairstyling was created using all Fekkai hair products.
To finish, some more pictures of the events and some cool details I noticed on the other beauty bloggers that night:
Some cool details I noticed on the other beauty bloggers: golden nails (of course.. what else to wear for a Red Carpet/ Oscar night beauty event! :) and a cool Chanel nail polish iphone cover (found on Amazon.com).